This week our Research Committee met with the Thomas Jefferson Area Crisis Intervention Team and District #9 Probation and Parole. We learned:
- Approximately 13-15% of probationers and parolees need substance abuse treatment
- Closest transitional housing for women suffering substance abuse is at least 2 hours away
- Approximately 1 out of 5 inmates suffer from serious mental illness
We’re meeting with the following next week:
- Charlottesville Police Department, 01/13/2015, 8:45am prep at TBD
- Shelter for Help in Emergency, 01/16/2015. 12:45pm prep at St. Mark Lutheran Church
Please contact the IMPACT office if you would like to participate.
The next Research Committee Meeting is 1/15/2015, 6:30pm-8:00pm at St. Mark Lutheran Church, 100 Alderman Road. We will be reviewing key data and the strategy committee will recommend possible problem statements and next steps.